Sunday 27 April 2014

"When the People Cheer" by The Roots



"Am I a douchebag, or just another durag,
Tryna get ahead on some brand new wig shit?/
For your entertainment, money is the language/
So every time I speak I'm tryna make another payment/"

I feel a bit left out because this has been out for 20 days and I had no clue until this morning. Hearing this has me excited to hear what the rest of The Roots' upcoming "...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin" has in store for us. In a XXL interview Black Thought briefly explained the concept of the album saying “It’s conceptual; it’s another concept album in the spirit of undun, but it’s not just about just one kind of character, we create quite a few different characters in this record." I'm a big fan of Undun and this joint totally stays in line with what Black Thought explained. "...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin" hits stores on May 19. Check it!

No comments:

Post a Comment