Monday 5 March 2012

Letter To My Son by Don Trip ft. Cee-Lo Green


With XXL revealing their 2012 Freshman List last week, there were a few faces on the cover that I'd never seen before. Some of 'em I recognized, but would rather not even know existed. One dude on the list that was new to me was Don Trip. I searched him up on YouTube, and this is the first song I clicked on. At first I didn't think I was gonna like it, because of his basic rhymes and the overused sample in the beat. But my mind changed just based on the honesty within this song's subject matter. As the title states, he raps in the form of a letter to his son, explaining all the hardships of the relationship between him and the mother of the child. Cee-Lo Green also blessed the track with his voice on the chorus. Overall, it may seem too basic or simple, but I just can't hate on a track like this.

Open ya Earz!

No comments:

Post a Comment