Saturday 24 March 2012

The Prey (For Trayvon & My Son) by Reef the Lost Cauze



Over the past couple of weeks, I've been seeing the name Trayvon Martin all over the internet. I never really paid much attention to it at first until I found this track. In this song, it seems like Reef the Lost Cauze put himself in the shoes of this boys father and imagined this was his son. After hearing the track, and getting an idea of what the Trayvon Martin case was all about, I decided to look it up and learn what was actually going on. This whole tragedy is disgusting. Basically, Trayvon was walking home from a store and was being followed by "neighbourhood watch captain", George Zimmerman. There was no evidence of Trayvon Martin being a danger to Zimmerman at all, which made it mysterious as to why Trayvon lay dead on the ground from a shot wound. What's even worse is that the cops took Zimmerman's word for "shooting him as an act of self-defence", despite the fact that the only items in Trayvon's possession at the time of the shooting were a bag of Skittles and a bottle of iced tea. So Zimmerman was either scared of a black kid with a bag of Skittles and a bottle of iced tea, or he killed him for no reason. Either way, George Zimmerman is a punk ass bitch. I just hope justice is served for this bullshit soon. I hope you enjoy this track, as it inspired me to spread awareness about this whole situation and I think it's important that we don't let shit like this slide.
Rest In Peace, Trayvon Martin.


To read more about the Trayvon Martin case, check out the timeline at:
ABC News: Timeline of the Trayvon Martin case

No comments:

Post a Comment