Wednesday 25 April 2012

"My Life" by Slaughterhouse ft. Cee-Lo Green

"House in the hills, thousands of mills/
Gettin' wild in the field with ya spouse in Brazil/
On ounces of pills, How does it feel/
To count dollar bills that I found off skills/"

Woke up this morning in search of some dope new hip hop, and that's exactly what I found. Slaughterhouse just released another single from their upcoming album, "Welcome To: Our House", which hits stores on June 12th. My first impression based on the beat that I heard before Crooked I started destroying everything in his path, was that this would be a mediocre radio joint. Although the beat sounds like something you'd hear on the radio, Slaughterhouse still managed to kill it lyrically and make it a tolerable commercial sound. I actually hope that this song makes it to the radio just to show everyone what real emcees sound like. Open ya Earz!

No comments:

Post a Comment