Friday 1 June 2012

"True Colours" by Jon Connor

"We could change the world but then you say I'm in no position/
Sometime you just need an ear but ain't nobody there to listen/
So I can't just hold this pencil and be like I don't know them niggas/
That's like rationalizing with the killer cuz he ain't know his victims/"

So Brenton always makes fun of me for being a fan of Phil Collins, particularly for liking his version of True Colours. So when I saw the title of this song I thought it'd be funny if it was sampled but fortunately it wasn't. I only found out about this guy from Brenton posting him on the blog but the guy is pretty dope and I personally loved this song. I really love the feel of the beat and the chorus, kinda broke me up in way. Jon Connor always talks about some really deep shit and the topics in this song are no exception. The video is pretty intense to watch too. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment