Friday 3 August 2012

"Swimming Pools (Drank)" by Kendrick Lamar

"Now I done grew around some people livin' their life in bottles/
Grand daddy had the golden flask, backstroke everyday in Chicago/
Some people like the way it feels, some people wanna kill their sorrows/
Some people wanna fit in with the popular, that was my problem/"

Usually I'm not too quick to click on a link to a new track by Kendrick Lamar. But for some reason I checked this one, and it's actually a pretty sick song. Kendrick raps through a few verses, describing the pros and cons of a constant need for alcohol. My favourite part is the very beginning of the first verse. The beat gave a cool mood to the track and helped get the message across a little more clear. I think the videos a lil weird but it's got some sick scenes in it. I apologize for hosting the clean version, but thanks to VEVO, that's the only version I can share. Open ya Earz!

No comments:

Post a Comment