Saturday 2 February 2013

"Against the Current" by Chali 2na ft. Ming-Xia



"The way son represent it? Unprecedented/
Put it to ya temple like it was a gun pressed against it/
Comin' fresh, I sent it with an impressive sentence/
And those who've witnessed have an invested interest/"
 
Man, I can't believe I missed this! Chali 2na is an absolute beast on the mic, and one of the most respectable. As in this song/video, he always manages to bring something fresh to the table. This is some straight-up hip hop. Sick beat, crazy lyricism and a smooth chorus. This song's from the 1st of his series of 5 EPs, entitled "Against the Current". I don't know much about the series, but apparently it's accompanied by a book-of-art. With all of the artwork done by the 2na himself, the book depicts the evolution of his career through oil painting. True art over here folks! I'm gonna be looking forward to coppin' it all. But for now, imma just have to hammer this track into my head. Check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment