Tuesday 5 February 2013

"Backstreet Freestyle" by Ubiquitous




"I'm signed, it's time to set a couple records, yessir/
The pens have got em all defensive, so I guess I'll be the agressor/
They say you only reap what you sow, so I'll put in effort/
Got Brooklyn under my feet as I speak, so I cook with pressure/"
 
I'm just speaking my mind, but some people may think of this as a bold statement. I don't really like Kendrick Lamar. I'll admit it. I don't really understand what his hype's all about other than the fact that he has a different sound and he presents realistic themes in his music. But as far as enjoying hearing his voice/rhymes, I'm not a big fan. BUT on the other hand, this beat is fuckin cool and I like Ubiquitous. It's not his greatest track, but it's hard to live up to some of his content. Apparently excited to be in Brooklyn, Ubi drops a sick freestyle over the Kendrick beat, with a pretty cool video for just a freestyle. Check it folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment