Thursday 13 September 2012

"Spill My Drink" by Obie Trice


"Block that thought out, but at times I lose perspective/
No disrespect, but I was forced to think reckless/
In and out of courts for using illegal methods/
Guess them poor choices left us disconnected/"

This seems like a different vibe from Obie. The beat is fuckin sick, but the mellow kinda classy feel is something I'm not used to hearing from him. One thing I appreciate about Obie is how he's been able to consistently stay as fresh lyrically as he's always been. In this track, Obie outlines a bunch of negative thoughts that he has no choice but to overcome in order to succeed with his goals. The video to match this inspirational track from "Bottoms Up" has a kinda weird video, but I still liked it. Anyways, check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment