Tuesday 22 May 2012

"Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)" by Lupe Fiasco

"To me, the truth is more fulfilling than the method/
Of finding really fast internet to have some sex with/
It's all one song short of a set list/
Couple croissants shy of a continental breakfast/
Blowin' out your birthday candles just to make a death wish/
So absurd, word to Chief bone necklace/"

Around my way, when Lupe drops a track, nobody really gives a fuck except me. I've been a fan of Lu ever since Food & Liquor, due to the cool song ideas he creates and the messages he represents. Even though I'm a fan of him, sometimes it's easy to overlook his tracks when I'm scrolling through my iPod playlist. But in the end he's maintained his authenticity as an artist. This track right here, "Around My Way" highlights all the bullshit happening in the world, like most of Lu's recent music. The beat has a familiar sample that I can't quite identify, and a bunch of cool lines that make you think. Apparently it's the first single off of his upcoming album, Food & Liquor 2, but I'm not sure if that's even accurate. Anyways, check this shit out!

No comments:

Post a Comment