Friday 18 May 2012

"Raindrops" by Slaughterhouse

"Everyday it makes me sad, angry, mad, how you were sent to heaven's sacred path/
Duct taped and gagged, plus raped and stabbed, body draped in blood, what a fate to have/
Such a pitiful end, I'm poppin' Ritalin like they Skittles cuz when I sleep/
I can feel it again and again and again, and its difficult, killing is the wickedest biblical sin/
I'm talking bout mama's identical twin"

So the Shady 2.0 team is killing it but I still think a lot of people are sleeping on their older stuff. This song really shook me up when I first bought the album. Each of their verses tells a very sad story about their life. I don't want to make light of any of the other members situations, but in particular I'd like you to listen close to Crooked I's verse. It is extremely emotional and the first time I heard it I was thinkin bout Crooked I out there somewhere and actually just felt sorry for him. He probably would wanna kick my ass for saying this, but I might've even wanted to give him a hug. Anyways, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment