Sunday 27 May 2012

"Daughters" by Nas

"This morning I gotta call that nearly split my wig/
The social network said "Nas, go and get your kid"/
She's on Twitter, I know she ain't gon' post no pic/
Of herself underdressed, no inappropriate shit/"

Nas is one of those old school emcees that managed to stay fresh throughout a great portion of his career. He's definitely one of the best emcees to ever touch the mic. I can't relate to this track, because I don't have a daughter, or any kids, and probably won't for a long time. If I even have any. But I thought that this song was a cool idea and a sincere piece of music. Can't recall any other song dedicated to daughters at all, so it's a first for me to hear a song regarding this topic. It's unique and has a cool video to go along with it. Open ya Earz!

No comments:

Post a Comment