Monday 21 May 2012

"Just Paper" by Jon Connor

"Fuck that, I'mma spend it soon as I get it, hammertime nigga/
I can bet a rich nigga died yesterday, and I can guarantee the money ain't go with him/
So I'mma just ball the fuck out while I'm living, and when I'm gone they gon' say he did it/
Came from nothin' to standing on top of the world, and ain't nobody help me with it/"

Ever since Jon Connor dropped a crazy verse on Mayday's TNT Remix, I've been checkin' up on his shit. He's not the greatest when it comes to multi-syllable rhymes, but he always has cool ideas of what to rap about and can flow like a beast! This song, "Just Paper" makes you think twice about what fame really consists of, and how it can change those around you. That's after he lets you know how soft you are and how sick he is lol.  The second verse is a little more meaningful and outlines how much money should really mean to us. Because at the end of the day, it's just a bunch of sheets of paper. Open ya Earz!

No comments:

Post a Comment